[linux-dvb] Re: DVB over Ethernet ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph Ackermann" <ackermann@cms.tecmath.com>
To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 11:57 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] DVB over Ethernet ?

> Hi !
>
> Does anybody have expierience with Linux VDR and recording/streaming
> video over 100Mb Ethernet to a dedicated filserver? This would be nice
> for a convenient noiselevel in your livingroom.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christoph

Look at the VideoLAN project : http://www.videolan.org/

I am also thinking about such a solution : minimal hardware in the
living-room (for example a diskless PC with MPEG2 hardware like a DXR3) ,
and a fileserver with one or more DVB cards, DVD, and a large hard disk.
When fast wireless network will be available, you even won't need cables !

Jean-Claude

---