From: Thilo.Schunck@apartis.de [mailto:Thilo.Schunck@apartis.de]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2001 10:47
To: linux-dvb@linuxtv.org; Ralf Bauer
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: Idea to save power (and also your money) with
VDR

The RTC onboard will not solve the problem of consuming *a lot* of power,
'cause
the ATX Power supply is still working! The only solution to get a
zero-standby-power-pc
is a separate battery/rechargable-RTC (With display?) which is able to
switch the mains supply
(for the techies: with a Triac etc.)

        Thilo

Ralf Bauer <RBauer@quark.de>