[linux-dvb] some newbie questions concerning VDR 0.71 & DVB 0.82

Hello !

I got some questions, that might be asked 1000 times, so feel free to detect
me to a worthy FAQ that i haven't found so far :-)

I am using 2.2.16 kernel with 0.82 driver and 0.71 VDR using lirc 0.61.

(1) in the new 0.71 the "Red" and "Green" keys are not showing EPG info for
the current channel anymore, am i missing something or is this wanted ??

(2) could one kind soul give me a script to load the dvb drivers ? I still
use "make insmod" which seems clumsy to me.But stupidly i cannot get to work
my own script ( simply derived from the output of "make insmod" as it
crashes the whole system although i cannot see a difference between my
script and what "make insmod" does ?!?!
This is my current *not working* script ...

----------------------------------
insmod dvbdev.o
insmod demux.o
insmod dmx.o
insmod video.o
insmod audio.o
insmod sec.o
insmod frontend.o
insmod ca.o
sync
(       \
insmod i2c-core.o; \
insmod videodev.o;              \
insmod saa7146_core.o mode=0;   \
insmod saa7146_v4l.o;           \
insmod VES1893.o;               \
insmod VES1820.o;               \
insmod dmxdev.o;                \
insmod dvb_demux.o;             \
insmod dvb.o init_chan=2;       \
insmod tuner.o;                 \
ifconfig dvb0 192.168.4.1;      \
)
sync
----------------------------------

This crashes the system with funky colors/patterns on the TV Screen,
freezing, while a "make insmod" works ...

(3) As i just jumped into Linux again, after 10 years of not Unixing ( last
experience: machOS on NeXTStaion ) i have problems locating a proper startup
script, where to initialize lirc, DVB driver and start the VDR demonized,
could you hint me to something ??

(4) Currently i run a simple system with one DVB-s Card, connected to 2
CAM's ( SEKA & IRDETO ).
If i add more DVB-s cards, will they be able to use the existing CAM's for
recording PAY-TV broadcasts or will each added DVB-s Card need its own set
of CI-Module & CAM's ???

(5) I have a strange Problem with my CAM's ... whenever i leave the System
on prolonged ( like 24 hours ) it happens quite often that the System
doesn't decrypt anymore -> Pay-TV channels leave me with black screen ... I
have to reinsert the CAM Modules to make it work again, and the CAM Modules
are not only slightly hotter "hand-temperature"... anyone experiencing this
too ?? Any solutions/workarounds ??? Would a CI-Reset ( which is not
implemented in VDR right now ) help ???

(6) before upgrading to 2.4.x kernel: does DVB 0.82 & VDR 0.71 compile &
work under 2.4.x ???

Thank you so much, i hope i didn't ask "ohh those annoying newbie questions"
over and over :-)

Nils Heidorn

---