[linux-dvb] Re: CAMs

Damn! This list's not really the right place for this conversation, I
apologise for my dumb questions. I knew there was no way of decoding
old-style sky, but I was under the assumption that sky digital was just the
same as any old dbs broadcast, and there was something that'd read my access
card properly, although it was just an assumption, I'd never seen anything to
confirm it.

Oh well, I'll just have to put up with my dead slow pace box.

On Thursday 01 March 2001 15:07, Johannes Schoeller wrote:
> as far as i know (and i be VERY happy to be wrong ;),
> there is NO way to watch (decode) sky! there is no
> CAM available. if u know a place to buy one pls tell me!!!
>
> regards
>
> Johannes Schoeller
> <schoeller@gmx.at>
> <icq 2802639>
>
> > Hi
> > I recently bought a WinTV DVB-S card, and would like to be able to use it
> > in place of my Sky Digital set top box. What hardware do I need to add to
> > the card, and where can I get it from?

---