[linux-dvb] Making "Non-PS-MPEG2-Files" or remux streams recorded with vdr for using them in (e.g.) FlaskMpeg

Hi !

Can anybody tell me how to make such Files generated from "vdr-source-Files" ?

I tried "remux /video/%Simpsons/datumvonirgenndwann/001.vdr 2048 1 >
/video/Simpsonst_remuxed.mpg
With the effect, that the about 600 Meg source file became a non-running 2 Gig
OutFile ....

Then i tried to.

pes_demux  /video/%Simpsons/datumvonirgenndwann/001.vdr
/video/Simpsons_audio.mp2 Simpsons_video.mpv

With the effect that I got a Video File of about 580 Megs (looked fine whil ls
-alh :) and a about 30 Meg Audio File...

But these files were not recognized by any Video-Tool (Windows) eg. FlaskMpeg,
Ulead Media Studio or Adobe or s.l.th. ....
Playing back on a windows System was not the problem - it is nor the problem
with the original 0xx.vdr Files - playing them back works always fine..

Can anybody help me ? A small step by step instruction would be great. but
simple hints which way of 'muxing' I have to choose would be fine, too.

See you,

Ulrich

People who have used a 100 megabyte hard drive that weighed two and a quarter
tons and cost more than US$130,000 in 1968 experience a special sense of wonder
when tucking one of today's 2.1 gigabyte drives, just purchased for less than
US$1000 (... as seen on Ebay)

---