[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with n-tv

Hi,

Marcus Kuba:
> Am 03.03.01, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> ...
>
> > When I load driver 0.8.2 the default channel is n-tv.
> > Today I saw that there are some heavy picture distortions
> > on that channel (don't know if that problem has already been
>
> I just had a look and there were no problems.
>
> > there earlier). Other channels don't show these problems.
> > This happens with the driver alone (no VDR) as well as with
> > VDR.
>
> AFAIR there can be some problems with DECT-phones and a few channels.. I
> believe n-tv was one of them. Could it be something like that?

This effects analog sat only.  The frequencies of DECT phones and the
frequency of n-tv on the coax between LNB and analog sat-receiver overlap:
AFAIK this is at 1891 GHz.
So if you place the DECT base station (BTW: is that the correct english
term for "Basis Station"?) near an analog sat receiver, you might observe
such periodic image distortions.

But AFAI can see, n-tv digital is at 12669 GHz, which is than 2069 GHz on
the coax.

Regards, Peter
--
Peter Funk, Oldenburger Str.86, D-27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Fax:+49 4222950260
office: +49 421 20419-0 (ArtCom GmbH, Grazer Str.8, D-28359 Bremen)

---