[linux-dvb] Antwort: Re: Announcing DVB/VDR FAQ and FAN-PAGE

Hello Matthias,

thanks for the links I've added them on the faq. I expanded the low-budget
card section with the clarification about the usage. And YES EOL is working
under linux but I didn't use it in the last 6 months because it's not fast
nor reliable. The Problem is You can't watch TV while using the Card for
datareception ..

Greetings
Stefan

                    Matthias Weingart
                    <matthias@pentax.b        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    oerde.de>                 Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:             Thema:  [linux-dvb] Re: Announcing DVB/VDR FAQ and FAN-PAGE
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l
                    inuxtv.org

                    04.03.2001 12:38

Great.

Some links:
>2.01 Q: Which card from which manufacturer and what is the difference ?
>Hauppauge
Haupauge WinTV DVB-s
http://www.haupauge.de/pro_dvb1.htm

low budget card (no MPEG2 decoder): Hauppauge WINZV nova
http://www.hauppauge.de/prod_nova.htm
You can use this card only as a additional card; eg. for timeshifted
recording.

Just to clarify:

>2.02 Q: What is the difference between normal and low-budget cards ?

>A: The low-budget Card don't have a MPEG decoder or a CI Interface on
>board. It only supplies the transport streams from the satellite
>transponders. You need a softer MPEG2 decoder to view the streams. The
>driver for the cards supplies software demuxing.

You can not use only one low-budget card for the linux DVB VDR.
You need at least one card with MPEG decoder and TV out.
example: WINTV Nova
This card only has the SAT- F connector, no TV out, no Audio out.

>2.13 Q: Do I need the DVB0 networkinterface ?

>A: No .. you need the network interface only if you need data services
>like Internet via the Sky (Europeonline)

Does Europeonline work in linux?

        Matthias

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001 Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've try to get some frequently asked questions and answers together. The
> page is german but the FAQ is english. I will improve the designe of the
> page over time (no design at all atm) and I will try to document my own
> BOX.
>
> All kind of sugestions and additions are welcome.
>
> oh btw the page is located @ http://www.lindy.cc/dvb
>
> Greetings
> Stefan Hagendorn

---