[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Carsten Koch wrote:
> >
> > In item 2.03, Stefan's FAQ says: "Hey just use a low-budget card
> > to record and a full featured card for replay and you're done".

> > 3)  I believe Ralph said in an earlier message, that this card
> >     can record all channels from one transponder simultaneously.
> >     Does VDR currently support this?
>
> No, and as far as I'm concerned I don't believe it will.
> VDR is designed to record specific broadcasts, not entire
> transponders.

Of course. I think it's good that VDR records specific
broadcasts and I would not want to change that.
What I meant is something else.
Let's assume I have two cards and I programmed three
overlapping recordings. If at least two of these recordings are
on the same transponder, this can work with the budget card.

Carsten.

---