[linux-dvb] IR Receiver in CI-Interface

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc writes:
 > not use the IR-receiver for lirc ???. Ralph told me that the (secret)
 > documentaion about the card does NOT contain the informations about the
 > ir-receiver. But it would possible to include the message handling for the
 > receiver in the firmware and put on top of the output a lirc driver. Is
 > this possible or is it due to the not available documentaion not possible
 > .. I'm not sure about this .. But it would be a great addition IMHO.

The documentation I have includes the description of library calls
which handle the infrared hardware but it does not explain the
involved data structures very well.
There are entries for pulse lengths for the codes and pre-codes, etc.
which is in fact all very similar to the LIRC remote descriptions but
the exact meaning, used time units, etc. are not clear.
There is another document they refer to for more detailed description
but I do not have that.

Ralph

---