[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with RGB-Output

Hi Roland,

not every TV handles RGB the same. Mine (Loewe) reduces the RGB input so
that the picture is not too bright. I called tech support and they said this
is to avoid burn ins from a too high signal level. Sadly I cannot change
that, so I use SVideo instead (which is more compatible to my other video
devices as well)

Be lucky that its too bright, you can reduce it with a set of resistors.

I am not sure, but try something below 300 Ohm, best would be a set of 3
adj. pots to find out.
There might be a pot on the TV chassis, but in many cases there´s just
nothing.

Tobias Jachmann

Last week i've connected the DVB-Board to the RGB-Connector of the TV.
But the picture quality is too bright. (The TV can adjust color,brightness
and contrast on RGB-Input, but this doesn't help).
I think the signal from the DVB-board is too strong so that the TV
overdrives.
Surfaces with 80% white and 100% white looks all the same on TV
(not with normal composite-video)
Should I put a resistor network between RGB-Lines to lower the
signal levels or is it possible to do that by software, maybe
somewhere in the driver ?

Thanks

---