[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with RGB-Output

Hi,

if you have an resistancemeter, please measure the resistance between
common an each input of RGB on your TV-set(not connectet to any source
like DVB-s).

	All of these MUST be 75 Ohm!
	============================

The DVB-s card delivers output signals with 1Vp-p@75Ohm. If your TV-set
does´t have a termination the card delivers 2V-p-p. So your picture
brightness is double an the TV does "clipping" at about 1,2Vp-p in the
first stage. Picture control doesn´t help.

Nice measurements,

Christoph

Roland Praml wrote:

> Last week i've connected the DVB-Board to the RGB-Connector of the TV.
> But the picture quality is too bright. (The TV can adjust color,brightness
> and contrast on RGB-Input, but this doesn't help).
> I think the signal from the DVB-board is too strong so that the TV
> overdrives.
> Surfaces with 80% white and 100% white looks all the same on TV
> (not with normal composite-video)
> Should I put a resistor network between RGB-Lines to lower the
> signal levels or is it possible to do that by software, maybe
> somewhere in the driver ?
>
> Thanks
> Roland
>
> ---
> Info:

Christoph Ackermann                                    ] t e c m a t h [
System Integration Engineer          Content Management Systems Division
phone +49 6301 606-200      Sauerwiesen 2, 67661 Kaiserslautern, Germany
fax   +49 6301 606-209                            http://www.tecmath.com