[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with RGB-Output

                                     message dd: maandag 5 maart 2001

greetings Forum,

My experiments with the RGB output of connector J2 leads to an
unstable, not sync TV screen output.
Could it be the 47E (is that 47 Ohm?) resistor between pin2(on TTboard) and
pin16(scart), which is not correct?
And am I correct NOT to connected pin1 (TTboard-composite out)?

My picture is somewhat over-bright. What Ohm resistors (which range)
could I put between the RGB lines.

(YC doesn't work - it seems that my TV has no YC inputs - which looks
a little odd to me)

On the matter of setting the output of the TTboard:
I know (form the faq at www.lindy.cc/dvb) to set in Linux.
How to set in in Win98 (I also use this, with WinDVBLive2000, DVBsVCR,
TTsoft, TPR etc.). There is a 'saa7146.ini' file in the c:\Windows
folder, with the items:
VideoSource=0 (I presume this is the 'outstream, default set to AV-PES)
and
VideoStandard=1 (I presume this the 'vidmode' setting, 1 default,
meaning RGB and CVBS)

When I edit this ini file and set the latter to 2 (or 3)
('Videostandard=2') I would think I would get YC output; (like setting
'vidmode=2' as parameter in the Linux driver),
but no picture!
Any comments or other methods of getting YC output under Win, very
welcome.

best to all

--------- original follows ------------------------

CA> Hi,

CA> if you have an resistancemeter, please measure the resistance between
CA> common an each input of RGB on your TV-set(not connectet to any source
CA> like DVB-s).

CA>         All of these MUST be 75 Ohm!
CA>         ============================

CA> The DVB-s card delivers output signals with 1Vp-p@75Ohm. If your TV-set
CA> does´t have a termination the card delivers 2V-p-p. So your picture
CA> brightness is double an the TV does "clipping" at about 1,2Vp-p in the
CA> first stage. Picture control doesn´t help.

CA> Nice measurements,

CA> Christoph

CA> Roland Praml wrote:
>>
>> Last week i've connected the DVB-Board to the RGB-Connector of the TV.
>> But the picture quality is too bright. (The TV can adjust color,brightness
>> and contrast on RGB-Input, but this doesn't help).
>> I think the signal from the DVB-board is too strong so that the TV
>> overdrives.
>> Surfaces with 80% white and 100% white looks all the same on TV
>> (not with normal composite-video)
>> Should I put a resistor network between RGB-Lines to lower the
>> signal levels or is it possible to do that by software, maybe
>> somewhere in the driver ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Roland
>>
>> ---