[linux-dvb] Re: Two technical questions...

Am Mon, 05 Mär 2001 schrieben Sie:
> hello again!
  Hi !

> my linux box is hided in a maintance room.
> so i use secure shell (ssh) for remote access.
>
> one disadvantage is, that you can.t see any
> boot messages, eg. when you install an new
> kernel, and you did some mistakes when compiling
> it.
> btw: anyone got an idea for that?

I don't know exactly how to do that - but you could append a string to the lilo
that  the kernel should use a Serial Dumb Terminal [at least] for displaying.
There you can connect via a null modem cable another linux box running minicom
or a serial LC display (? , I think it should work ...) or anything beeing
connected via a serial link ... - be inspired - :)

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich

People who have used a 100 megabyte hard drive that weighed two and a quarter
tons and cost more than US$130,000 in 1968 experience a special sense of wonder
when tucking one of today's 2.1 gigabyte drives, just purchased for less than
US$1000 (... as seen on Ebay)

---