[linux-dvb] Re: Siemens DVB-C und PW

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> >
> > Jan Brand wrote:

> Sendern bleibt trotz
> beobachten können, oder

> version 0.8.2
> > > >

> > > The parameter in channels.conf is correct. The Cam-Parameter
> is '1' and
> > > I use the driver version 0.8.2
> > > But as already written before in an other message, If I toggled the
> > > channel with gVideo before, it makes no difference if I use '1' or '0'
> > > as Cam-Parameter.
> >
> > Since this all works fine with my DVB-S card it would appear that the
> > problem ist with the DVB-C channel setting in the driver. However, a
> > quick look at DVB/driver/dvb.c showed no specific differences between
> > DVB-S and DVB-C regarding the channel setting in case of CA channels.
> >
> > Is there anybody out there who is using driver 0.8.2, VDR 0.71 and a
> > DVB-C card with CAM and _can_ receive encrypted channels?
> >
> > Klaus
>
> I am using a DVB-C and the above configuration with no problems. I can
> watch all encrypted channels (Mediavison, PW). Fast switching between
> encrypted channels is no problem too.
>
> Hans-Peter

Same for me -> Encrypted channels work fine.
I just encounter the (well known ?! ) problem that i have to reinsert the
CAM Module(s) after 6-24 hours to make it work again ( decrypting fails
after some time ).

Although i know this behaviour is not unique, is there anyone *not* having
this problem ??
( and how did you do it :-)

Nils

---