[linux-dvb] Re: Record / Playback Problems

Am Die, 06 Mär 2001 schrieben Sie:
> Hi all !
  Hi !

> When I record something with VDR, I get a lot of picture distortions on
> playback and after about 10 seconds the sound is gone all together.

Bad reception ? To many frames lost ?

> Does anybody have similar problems ?

Not really - I discover the only problems at multiplexing and som obligatory
glitches when playing back recorded scenes

> BTW: For those of you who remember my problems with the weak OSD menu,
> that's gone by using SUSE 7.0 instead of RedHat 6.2 distribution ?! (Why
> ever ....)

PEBKAC :-) Even if I think RH 6.2  works fine here - only the network security
is a bit high for a VDR :-)

--
Bis denn,

Ulrich

----

People who have used a 100 megabyte hard drive that weighed two and a quarter
tons and cost more than US$130,000 in 1968 experience a special sense of wonder
when tucking one of today's 2.1 gigabyte drives, just purchased for less than
US$1000 (... as seen on Ebay)

---