[linux-dvb] Re: Record / Playback Problems

The problem is solved in the meantime. DMA fur my IDE controller was not
enabled. It looks like it's only automatically enable for certain IDE
controllers ?!

Wouldn't that be worth a note in the FAQ ? Something like: If you encounter
lots of frame errors during recording, check if DMA is on for your hdd
(hdparm -d1 /dev/hd*).

Tonight I give it another shot with RH6.2. Maybe it is a similar problem
there.

Alex

|--------+----------------------->
|        |          Ulrich       |
|        |          Gierschner   |
|        |          <ug@teuto.de>|
|        |                       |
|        |          06/03/01     |
|        |          08:37 PM     |
  |       To:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org                    |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Alex WIESSNER/VIENNA/UNO)          |
  |       Subject:     [linux-dvb] Re: Record / Playback   |
  |       Problems                                         |

---