[linux-dvb] Will VIDEOTEXT be supported by VDR?

Hi,

I'm thinking about building such VDR system.

Currently we (my family) use VIDEOTEXT heavily.  AFAIK
VIDEOTEXT is currently not supported by VDR.  At the moment
we've a simple analog receiver and use the Sony TV for decoding
the VIDETEXT.  This has some disadvantages.  If the channel
is switch, and I looked at page 101 on the old channel the new
channel also shows the old contents of page 101.  I have to switch
to page 102 and back to 101 to force a reload.
Most of the times I have to wait till a Page is loaded.  I can
imaging of a system where the pages are stored on disk and displayed
immediately.  Is/will this be possible?

I also read about additional features of digital broadcasting.  The
Broadcasting Companies are talking about Info channels with actual
news, weather forcast, etc.  I'm not shure if these can be seen by
VDR?  Or is for that "Open TV" needed?

Next question whould be, is it possible to set up an "easy of use"
internet access for browsing/email.  All should be usable by my
whole family (icluding my parents and my children, but the children
are the smaller issue).  So the most important point is "easy of use".

So should I invest in a PC with VDR (and maybe a infrared keyboard)
or buy a commercial hard disk receiver?

Thanks in Advance,
  Joerg

---