[linux-dvb] Re: Record / Playback Problems

Right ! I completely ignored this point as my problem was much more
general.

What about:

?.?? Q: Why do most of my recordings show heavy distortion on video and
sound ?

A: Often this is a problem with the IDE controller or hardisk where DMA
transfer is not working properly: Try to manually enable DMA with the
"hdparm -d1 /dev/hd?" command.

Alex

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          Stefan.Hagendor|
|        |          n@lindy.cc     |
|        |                         |
|        |          07/03/01 02:04 |
|        |          PM             |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Alex WIESSNER/VIENNA/UNO                 |
  |       cc:     Ulrich Gierschner <ug@teuto.de>,         |
  |       linux-dvb@linuxtv.org                            |
  |       Subject:     [linux-dvb] Re: Record / Playback   |
  |       Problems                                         |
  >--------------------------------------------------------|

This is allready answered (without an exact parameter) on the FAQ:

3.05 Q: When I do a fast forward, vdr stops responding until the recording
reaches its end.

Maybe we should make a more common answer to this
Greetings

Stefan

>Wouldn't that be worth a note in the FAQ ? Something like: If you
encounter
>lots of frame errors during recording, check if DMA is on for your hdd
>(hdparm -d1 /dev/hd*).

---
linux-dvb" as subject.

---