[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

Carsten Koch schrieb:

> In item 2.03, Stefan's FAQ says: "Hey just use a low-budget card
> to record and a full featured card for replay and you're done".
>
> I have 3 questions about this:
>
> 1)  Has anyone tried this successfully with VDR?

Has this been answered yet?
Are there no problems of vdr using the old api while controlling the
software filters assumingly is done with the new api?

Additional question: Are there any problems with (audio/video)
dropouts/dirstortions, or would i really get the same quality in all
recordings as when watching TV directly via DVB?

Macrus Metzlers mail (19.2.01 "Re: Umwandeln") suggests this:
>Otherwise you would just record the TS stream and also get all the other nice information
>like teletext, EPG etc. in one nicely muxed stream. (If you have a
>Haupauge Nova than you can get this)

Greetings
    Michael

PS: Many thanks to Stefan for his FAQ!.
You were a bit faster, I also started this weekend to set one up.

---