[linux-dvb] Remultiplexer filter - call for code (2)

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > Well, looks like the mailing list doesn't like attachments, so I'm
 > inserting the code at the end of this message...
 >
 > Since it looks like it won't be possible to make the driver deliver
 > a clean data stream directly, the next best thing to do IMO is to
 > implement a remultiplexing filter into VDR. Apparently first recording
 > an entire broadcast and the nremultiplexing it is not the way to go,
 > since this makes "time shifting" impossible.
 >
 > I myself don't know enough about MPEG2 multiplexing to do this,
 > so I was wondering if somebody on this list might be able to
 > implement this. Attached is a small C++ class framework with a
 > description how I believe the remultiplexing filter should work.
 >
 > Any comments, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
 >
 > Klaus

The main skeleton for a on the fly remux is in the remux routine in
the mpegtools directory. It didn't work too well. The reasons may be
that I used an old version of bbmpeg to learn how remuxing is
done. More precisely how PTSs are calculated. After I couldn't get
remux to work I started with mplex and got that to work first, so that
I had something to check against. Since then I didn't get back to
working on remux. I'll have to see when I get to that. If anybody with
more remuxing experience wants to give it a try you are welcome to do
so.
All the main parts are already there. I demux the stream into 2
separate buffers. I mark the beginning of each frame with a PTS and I
can retrieve the data from the buffers. The only problem is to find
the correct rules to determine the order of retrieval.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de