[linux-dvb] Re: Remultiplexer filter - call for code (2)

#include <hallo.h>

> The main skeleton for a on the fly remux is in the remux routine in
> the mpegtools directory. It didn't work too well. The reasons may be
> that I used an old version of bbmpeg to learn how remuxing is
> done. More precisely how PTSs are calculated. After I couldn't get
> remux to work I started with mplex and got that to work first, so that
> I had something to check against. Since then I didn't get back to
> working on remux. I'll have to see when I get to that. If anybody with
> more remuxing experience wants to give it a try you are welcome to do
> so.
> All the main parts are already there. I demux the stream into 2
> separate buffers. I mark the beginning of each frame with a PTS and I
> can retrieve the data from the buffers. The only problem is to find
> the correct rules to determine the order of retrieval.

And don't forget to fix the Audio/Video Alignment.

Streams remuxed with "mplex" ARE NOT aligned correctly. (I tested a
handfull of streams and not a single one was correct.)

Maybe you should look at avpes2mpeg.

a) This Programm ist FAST
b) I haven't seen dropped frames and all the other problems with a
   unremuxed stream
c) Audio/Video Alignment is "perfect" (At least i haven't see a single
   Test-Stream that wasn't aligned correctly)
d) This Program workes in a pipe "avpes2mpeg < IN > OUT"
e) This Program doesn't use Temporary-Files

(Don't know if Point b is "luck" and this Programm doesn't really "remux")

Bis denn

---