[linux-dvb] Q: IP data transmission

Hi,

We've recently started testing the hauppauge DVB nova card under
linux. Our test setup is as follows:

unicast & multicast server, eth0 ----

                                    -----eth0, ip gateway, ASI-------

                         dc-block                                   |
linux gateway, dvb0-------------------- LBAND, DVB modulator, ASI ---
eth0

------------eth0 client pc

Our linux gateway pc has a hauppauge DVB nova card, using the
driver software version 0.81 from www.linuxtv.org (thanks guys!)

ifconfig shows a running interface dvb0 and we use tcpdump to verify
if we receive multicast data on the gateway pc.

The ultimate goal is to be able to get unicast and multicast
UDP data transmitted by the "unicast & multicast server" to be
seen by the client pc.

Looking at the driver stuff on linuxtv, we do not understand where
we can configure all necessary parameters to be able tune the card
right.

On hauppauglinuxdrv.virtualave.net we have found a wrapping of the
linuxtv card which seems to include a dvbd (deamon) which should
do exactly that. Anyone here has any experience with this setup?
We installed their 1.5 release which wraps the v 0.71 linuxtv driver
and have substituted the v 0.71 code with the v 0.82 release to
make sure that the nova card would be supported by it.

All seems to work well but the configuration of /etc/dvbd.conf is
not entirely clear to us. In other words: we don't get any data
on the dvb0 interface of the linux gateway. The dvbd deamon starts
fine, the mrouted process starts as well, but probably the filter
section is incorrect. How does this work? Also, we looked at the
code and did a calculation on the frequency... (our frequency is
1.14 GHz (L-Band))

We are transmitting on three PIDs: (hex:) 10, 20, 30

Here is our /etc/dvbd.conf :

# LNB power on=1/off=0
#
power 0
#
# symbol rate [symbol/sec]
#
# C4A: 11574 kSym/sec
#
symbolrate 11574468
#
# frequency [kHz]
#
# C4A: 1.14 GHz (L-Band) + 10.6 GHz = 11.74 GHz
#
frequency 11740000
#
# 22 kHz signal on=1/off=0
#
ttk 0
#
# diseqc on=1/off=0
# diseqc on=1/off=0
#
diseqc 0
#
# AFC on=1/off=0
#
AFC 0
#
# polarisation H=1/V=0
#
polarisation 0
#
# settings for MPE filter, PID and MAC filtering, valid MAC bytes
#
# filter_0 512
#
# filter_1 785