[linux-dvb] Re: MP3 support for VDR.

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:23:32 +0100, "Thilo Wunderlich" <tw@ubcom.net>
wrote:

> > What I would like to implement (unless anyone else
> > is already working on this) is:
>
> How about taking
> http://www.softlab.ece.ntua.gr/~sivann/rxcontrol/
> which is a full mp3 Player with a LCD Display/remote control
> and just replace the output to the LCD Display to the OCD display ?

I assume he wants to use the digital output of the DVB card, too. I
don't know if you can feed an MP3 stream into the MPEG2 decoder of the
card, probably not. So you may have to convert the MP3 stream to MPEG2
audio first.

I am looking for a similar solution. An integration of MPEG2 music
videos and MP3+videostream would be really nice. A kind of music video
jukebox with a handling like MusicMatch. Where a video is available to
the sound you play the video. If you have only sound you can show
artificial images like i.e. WinAmp or some video stream which matches
with the sound, like landscapes, space, ...

Emil

---