[linux-dvb] Re: MP3 support for VDR.

Emil Naepflein wrote:
> I assume he wants to use the digital output of the DVB card, too. I
> don't know if you can feed an MP3 stream into the MPEG2 decoder of the
> card, probably not. So you may have to convert the MP3 stream to MPEG2
> audio first.

Has nobody taken a look at the code that I included
in my original mail? ;-)
That code is based on Harald Westphal's idea to use
mpg123 to decode the MP3 and add a PES header to the
uncompressed audio. Unfortunately, AFAIK the DVB card
can only uncompress layer 2 sound.

Yes, I like Klaus' minimalist concept of a VDR PC that
does NOT have two sound outputs (one in the DVB card
and one in the sound card) or two video outputs (one
in the DVB card and one in the graphics card).

My VDR PC is in the living room and I use it via the
remote control and the OSD.

In any event, I hope to have some time during the next
week to implement the ideas described in my original
mail.

Carsten.

---