[linux-dvb] Re: Wrong time in VDR

Am Fre, 09 Mär 2001 schrieben Sie:

> > > i.m using kde - no suse7.1, and also can.t find the file where
> > > the timezone is to be changed.
> >
> > /etc]$ ls -al localtime
> > lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           35 Aug  3  1999 localtime ->
> ../usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Berlin
>
> what do i have to change (in KDE: /etc/sysconfig/clock) ???
> in "clock" the value is "vienna/europe". and that.s true. :)

My box (RedHat 6.2. Kernel 2.2.14 by the way - no X at all) has the right
system time ... and the On Board RTC of most of my Mainboards work rather awful
so I don't want to miss the VDR RTC support ...

> i.d like to have the possibility to change the value of
> the clock offset. another way would be to change the time
> in bios. right?!

Thats only a workaroud - if it works. When I just edited the bios clock I had
the same time in vdr ...

As I say: I remember in an older version of VDR the Clock-"swicht" could be
changed  (GMT +x rours   x could be 0 to 23 hours if I am right ?)

My other DVB receiver (a very software-buggy DigiCom1 by Technisat) does have
and display the correct time)

 --
Bis denn,

Ulrich