[linux-dvb] Re: Problem with compiling vdr on debian

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 04:37:07PM +0100, Tobias Hauth wrote:

> i write some time ago an email to this mailinglist because i had problems
> with compiling vdr on my system if kernel is > 2.4.0. now i think my problem
> is my new debian system ( i use woody and sid). anyone here with vdr on an
> debian system. i think it has something to do with the kernelheaders in
> /usr/include ( this are the headers or?).
> compiling the siemensdvbdriver is no problem (0.8 cvs 0.8.1 and 0.8.2).

I had a similar problem, but I don't remember the error messages. Waht
version of the libc6 package are you using? I know 2.2.2-1 gave me the
errors. After downgrading to version 2.2.1-1 vdr compiled again. The
problem are all the dependencies on the new libc6 version in the newer
packages. Most of them work with the older one, but apt (or dpkg) gives
you a lot of dependency errors. (I haven't found one that does not work
althoug I downgraded all packages that are made from the libc6 tarball
(libc6-dev, libc6, libc6-i586, locales and nscd I think))
But if you try this, remember fiddling with libc can render your system
unusable. If you are not experienced with this maybe somebody can send you
a compiled version of vdr. (Mail me, if you want mine. I use 0.71)

cu,
Lars

--
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old
ones.

---