[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: How to setup VDR with SuSE

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 11, Jens Groth wrote:

> I am still having problems to get things running in automatic
> mode.
> Where do I have to put the DVB driver?
> I added the following lines to /etc/modules.conf
> #dvb
> alias char-major-81 dvb
> alias char-major-81-0 dvb
>
> I also copied all *.o files from DVB/driver to /lib/modules/2.4.0
> When I reboot the system nothing happens. The module is not listed
> when I run lsmod. When I start the dvb-driver manually, then every-
> thing is OK.
>
> What is missing?

I don't have any experience with the dvb modules (not yet ;-)), but the
modules are loaded automaticly if one process accesses the device.

After you edit the /etc/modules.conf, you have to run depmod -a.
Now if a process accesses the devices the kernel tries to load the
module and if it fails you can see a message in /var/log/message where
the kernel has searched the module. I think in /lib/modules/2.4.0/misc.

You say it is ok when you start the dvb-driver manually, you can start
the dvb-driver automaticly as describe befor.

Where is your problem ?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

	Dieter Bloms (Dieter.Bloms@suse.de)

SuSE Linux Solutions AG,    Tel:   +49-911-74053653
Schanzaeckerstr. 10,        Fax:   +49-911-74053674
90443 Nuernberg,            Email: Dieter.Bloms@suse.de
Germany                     WWW:   http://www.suse.de