[linux-dvb] Re: problems vdr0.71 dvb0.9

Andreas Poethke wrote:

> On Monday 12 March 2001 00:03, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > Once the remultiplexing is implemented I shall upgrade my system to
> > SuSE 7.1 (kernel 2.4), and then I will be able to adapt VDR to driver
> > version 0.9.x. Since this is probably a major modification (switching
> > from the old API to the new one) I'd like to finish the remultiplexing
> > part first and have a stable VDR version 0.72 based on driver version
> > 0.8.2.
>
> As I understand the new api, you will receive a transport stream out of
>         /dev/ost/dvr.
> If so, remultiplexing based on avpes will need major modifications then.
>
> I think vdr needs kind of
>
>         TS -> PES | remux | PES -> TS
>
> capability then. right?

That's pretty much what I am building in at the moment.
I am taking the data that comes from the driver by default
(sorry, I'm never sure whether that's PS or PES...), will
run it though the remuxer and save it to disk. At replay
that data will simply be fed into the video device.

I sure hope the 0.9 driver will by default deliver the same
type of data as does the 0.8 driver...

Klaus