[linux-dvb] Re: dvbs driverand new hauppauge model 564

Henning Holtschneider wrote:

> There is a barcode label at the bottom of the box which includes
> the model number 564. But I don't think you will be able to get
> the old model any more anyway thanks to the article in c't
> magazine ;-)

We bought a:
- hauppauge WinTV-NOVA Model 541
- hauppauge WinTV DVB-s Model 564 card

We can't get the NOVA to work for receiving data as dvbd from
hauppauglinuxdrv.virtualave.net v 1.5 does not yet use the new API
from the linuxtv 0.82 driver. (see earlier messages on the mailing
list)

The dvb-s model 564 was in a normal box without any remote control;
and on this card we do seem to be able to get multicast working,
we also get icmp (ping) working; but no normal tcp.

In tcpdump we see that the tcp packets are received by the dvb0,
but for some strange reason the packets are not received at the
application level.

Should we also see this in the light of earlier discussions here
on the mailing list that this model 564 is not supported by the linuxtv
driver?

Greetings,

Bart

---