[linux-dvb] Questions about new API

I have been experimenting with the new API, and I have a question about how
the new API is supposed to be used which I hope that someone on this list can
answer.

As I understand it, if you want the DVB card to do something with the
transport stream, then you have to use the demux API, and specify the
destination of the individual PES packets to be either:

a) DMX_OUT_DECODER if you want the hardware to decode the data, or

b) DMX_OUT_TAP / DMX_OUT_TS_TAP if you want your application to process or
record the data.

My question concerns doing both of the above at the same time - how can I
record or otherwise process a live stream whilst also directing it to the
decoder?

If I try to set two different filters on the same PID, I get an error message
saying "Device or resource busy".  I'm using version 0.8.2 of the driver with
a 2.2.17 Kernel.

Apologies if I have missed something obvious,

Thanks,

Dave.

---