[linux-dvb] OT: some information about MHP

Dear List,

as you probably know, the API for digital and interactive content in DVB will be
MHP. There is even an 'official' paper (from the EU website) which proves that,
at least in Germany, MHP will probably coming very soon: see Annex A of
http://linuxtv.org/dvb/EU_Kirch_Bskyb_07022000_09220.pdf.

Unfortunately, we are not yet sure whether MHP will be an open standard that we
can implement under an Open Source license. The possibility of an Open Source
MHP implementation depends on the MHP Implementation Arrangements between DVB
and ETSI that are currently discussed within DVB. When there is an official
decision on this topic, I will send you a pointer.

However, there are already some interesting informations about MHP available
online and I am sure that some of you want to play around with the standard and
start thinking about how to implement it for Linux DVB.

The MHP standard document [ETSI TS 101 812 V1.1.1 (2000-07) (Size is 9306359
bytes)] is available at the etsi website
http://webapp.etsi.org/exchangefolder/ts_101812v010101p.pdf

Presentation slides of a MHP Workshop held in Munich:
http://www.mhp-forum.de/head/engl/events_dotcomworkshop1.htm

Last, but not least, I want to announce that we are at the CeBIT
(http://www.cebit.de) in Hall 6, booth F20 and we will show a prototype of our
MHP implementation on a box with a Siemens/Fujitsu card.

yours sincerely

Martin Springer
--
Whatever you're up to in the next twenty-four hours, I hope it's profitable.
(Richard Quest, BBC)

---