[linux-dvb] Hi Karsten,

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to linuxtv and especially to this mailing list so
> please do not hesitate to point me towards any FAQs or posting policies.
> I just obtained the Siemens DVB card and now I have real problems to
> get it running under SUSE Linux 7.1
>
> I followed the instructions in the INSTALL doc.
> Compiling all the stuff went fine, but starting
> the gVideo application returns:
>
> sol1# ./gVideo
> Could not open /dev/ost/qpskfe0
> /dev/ost/qpskfe0: No such file or directory
> Could not open /dev/ost/sec0
> /dev/ost/sec0: No such file or directory
> Could not open /dev/ost/demux0
> /dev/ost/demux0: No such file or directory
> Could not open /dev/ost/demux0
> /dev/ost/demux0: No such file or directory
> Could not open /dev/ost/demux0
> /dev/ost/demux0: No such file or directory
> setting dev to /dev/video
> msize: 0x00900000
> Screensize:1280x1024
> DGA Version 2.0
> addr: 0xf6000000
> Depth: 16
> BPP: 16
> Found DVB input file /root/.dvbrc
>
> The screen stays green, no TV to see :-(
>
> What to do to install the missing devices?
> Any help or hints appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Karsten
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
> KM

> Karsten Morisse
> Fachhochschule / University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück
> Standort Westerberg, Albrechtstraße 30
> D-49076 Osnabrück
> Fon:  +49-(0)541-969-3615
> Mail:  kamo@fhos.de

Hi Karsten,

I'm trying to get my DVB card running under SUSE Linux 7.0, too and as you
I'm getting identical failure messages as you've reported.
Even if getting identical failure messages, gVideo is comming up in my system
when I've installed the driver before through "make insmod".
However something seems to work uncorrectly as gVideo crashes with a memory
access fault when  I move the mousepointer on the screen to any location within  the
"gVideo X-window " for the first time.
Could you find out already more about reasons causing the error messages?

Regards,

Bernhard
Bernhard Schraeder
Untereichen 10