[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error 1 and ARM RESET

Hans-Peter Raschke writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > Ralph Metzler wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > Raymond Lohuis writes:
 > >  > Hello,
 > >  >
 > >  > My name is Raymond Lohuis and i did build the VDR/DVB box too.
 > >  >
 > >  > It works fine accept when i insert  an CI Module to watch encrypted
 > >  > channels.
 > >  > i get the massage :
 > >  >
 > >  >     outcommand error 1
 > >  >     commandrequest errorr
 > >  >     Filter shutdown error :51500
 > >  >
 > >  > followed by:
 > >  >
 > >  >     outcommand error 1
 > >  >     ARM reset
 > >  >
 > >  > When i pull te ci module out the system works fine again.
 > >  >
 > >  > my hardware is :    PII 350 128mb 30 Gb
 > >  >                             3c905 ctx network / Matrox g200 AGP
 > >  >                             kernel 2.4.2 with reiserfs
 > >  >
 > >  > the CI card is Aston 1.05 and 1.04 (both new and repeatedly tested)
 > >  >
 > >  > Anny help would be appreciated.
 > >
 > > It looks like those CI-CAM versions make the ARM application crash.
 > > I think somebody reported the same happens with the newer Irdeto
 > > CAMs. Sorry, I do not have the hardware (CAMs) to debug this.
 > >
 > > Does the error already occur if just the CAM is inserted or only if
 > > also the smartcard is inserted?
 > >
 > > Ralph
 >
 > this error occurs during normal operation on my System. Inserting the
 > smartcard or CI module produced no error. I am not sure, if it is
 > related to the CAM-Module. It appears mostly when a recording (of an
 > encrypted channel) has been started. But now I will try if this error
 > appears only with encrypted channels.

The outcommand errors just indicate that the ARM is no longer
responding (it crashed) but do not tell you why.
If it always crashes when the CAM is inserted it is of course obvious
that one bug is somewhere in the CI code. This could be something as simple
as an overflow when parsing a new previously unknown CIS or something more
complicated. I'll have to see what happens when I get such a CAM.

The crashes you have can be related to other bugs in the ARM application.

So far I read that the following CAMs are causing instant crashes:

Aston version 1.04 and 1.05
Irdeto version 4.7

Can somebody confirm this?
What about other CAMs like the new EuroCIs?

Ralph

---