[linux-dvb] Re: ?: How I can recording video PES to a file with NAPI

Varga Peter writes:
 > But from which one device should I to read the audio and video PESes
 > together,
 > /dev/ost/demux or /dev/ost/dvr (not TS)?

If you use DMX_OUT_TAP, then from  /dev/ost/demux, if you use
DMX_OUT_TS_TAP, then from /dev/ost/dvr.

 > If I have to read from /dev/ost/demux, then can I use the filedescriptor
 > of the
 > previous for audio pes or video pes opened /dev/ost/demux device (below
 > demuxAudioDevFd and demuxVideoDevFd) or should I open the /dev/ost/demux
 > again
 > for a new filedescriptor and read from it?

You have to use the file handle for which you set the filter of course.
You can read the audio PES stream from your demuxAudioDevFd and the video
PES stream from your demuxVideoDevFd.
Or, if you used DMX_OUT_TS_TAP, you can read a multiplexed TS stream
from one file descriptor which was opened for /dev/ost/dvr.
You can not get a multiplexed PS from this API.

 > Open I the /dev/ost/demux with O_NONBLOCK or default BLOCK, is it no
 > matter how?

That's up to you. Do you want blocking on non-blocking behaviour?

Ralph

---