[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: outcommand error 1 and ARM RESET

--- Hakenes Rolf <Rolf.Hakenes@Micronas.com> schrieb:

> fine most of the time. Irdeto 4.7E AllCAM is fully
> functional as well. Some
> problems exist (already reported by some people)
> when there are multiple
> DVB-s cards in the system but only one CI-plug. To
> solve this, one has to
> connect the CI-plug to the last card in the PCI
> chain (for whatever reason)
> or reset the CAMs after loading the driver modules.
> Fast switching of
> encrypted channels can confuse the CAMs, which means
> one has to reset them
> (unfortunately there is no way doing this without
> performing a pull/push
> cycle at the CI-plug). Some other oddities can
> confuse the CAMs as well
> (don't know exactly what), so resetting them by
> software would be a VERY
> nice feature.

I can reset the irdeto 4.7SE simply by killing the vdr
process (CTRL-C, I am using the keyboard to control
vdr) and do rmmod for the whole driver. So simply one
key will reset the CAM :-)
I use a script called from inittab:
 make insmod (in the DCB/driver directory)
 vdr
 make rmmod
Pressing CTRL-C exits the vdr - unloads the modules
and exit the script. Init restart the script loading
the drivers and the vdr. (vdr 0.71, dvb 8.2)

But I agree one key for reseting the CAM (or just one
position in the menu) would be fine.

M.