[linux-dvb] Antwort: Is there a program to play mpeg-1 and / or mpeg-2 to /dev/video?

A easy way to play mpeg1/mpeg2 is cat "foo.mpg > /dev/video" . But several
tests show me that the file have to be tv-standard conform:
MPEG1: video:  ASPECT: reserved  Size = 352x288  FRAMERATE: 25 fps  BRate:
1.9 Mbit/s
MPEG1: PAL mode
MPEG1: audio:  Layer: 2  BRate: 112 kb/s  Freq: 44.1 kHz

 If you would like to test a nice example for this go to
http://wiggles.innonics.net/en/home/ and get the mpeg trailer from that
(imho really nice game .. )

Greetings
Stefan Hagendorn

                    Jan Panteltje
                    <root@panteltje.de        An:     linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
                    mon.nl>                   Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:             Thema:  [linux-dvb] Is there a program to play mpeg-1 and / or mpeg-2 to
                    linux-dvb-bounce@l        /dev/video?
                    inuxtv.org

                    22.03.2001 01:06

I found mpg2mpg in an old driver, but it crashes my box! (makes a HUGE file
in a very short time).
Is there an other utility that does this?
I tried to cat an mpeg file to /dev/video , and actually got a picture
for a moment.
I just want to play some mpeg files on the TV screen, via the TV output.
Regards
Jan

---
linux-dvb" as subject.