[linux-dvb] RE2: DEBI TEST FAIL ! Technisat DVB SkyStar1

Slavoj Hruska writes:
 > >  > because when I add next few lines
 > >  >
 > >  >         val=saa7146_read(dvb->saa->mem, MC1);
 > >  > printk("\n\nAfter write value of MC1 is %
 > >  > x\n\n",val);
 > >  >
 > >  > I've got value 0x0980 - DEBI Port pind are deactivated.
 > >
 > Apropo .. that's OK now .. that's givin' now 0x0b80 and debi ports are
 > activated.

I still don't understand what your problem with this was.
Bit 7 is the DEBI transfer enable bit. Bit 11 enables the DEBI port
pins. So, 0x0880 has to be set.
With a value of 0x0980 the I2C port pins (bit 8) are also enabled.
0x0b80 also has the audio port pins enabled (bit 9) which are not needed.

 > Buth there is yet another problem...
 >
 > in bootarm I have next few lines
 >
 >  wdebi(dvb,0x6e0000,DPRAM_BASE,0x7654321,4);
 >
 > for debi test there is result2=rdebi(dvb,DEBINOSWAP,DPRAM_BASE,0,4);
 > and test for result2!=0x10325476
 > but when i write any value to DPRAM_BASE result is allways 0x40024000
 >
 > WHY?
 >
 > WHERE IS THE PROBLEM ?

0x4000 is the address of the DPRAM on the DEBI port. You are getting
back the address instead of the value. So, something is going wrong
here.
It might help to play with the timing of the DEBI port.
Section 7.15 and tables 94 and 95 of the SAA7146 data sheet describe
how the timing of the DEBI transfers is set.

Somebody else on this list had a problem with DEBI transfers
before. His problems went away when he changed the motherboard. So,
you should also check if the card works in another PC. If it does it
might be worth investigating the BIOS settings of your motherboard.
Sorry, but I don't have any other ideas what the problem might be.

Ralph

---