[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error 1 and ARM RESET

Am 21.03.01, schrieb Axel Gruber <axelgruber2@gmx.de> ...

> > The more messages I read, the more it looks as if either my CI-Module(s)
> > or the Interface on my Hauppauge-Card is broken...

> No - i donīt think so !

Oh yes.. definitively. Today I went to the dealer and got a new
Hauppauge-Card (unfortunately of course it is a real new one.. the model
with the new tuner which is currently not supported by the linux-drivers
:-(, OSD/Replay and so on work).
And under Win98 with this card and the Technotrend-drivers, the CI and
CAM work. With my old card, it didn't work with any software I tried.
So now I have just another problem... find some Windows-user who is
willing to change his old card with my new one or wait (how long?) until
the new tuner-chip is supported with the linux-drivers.

Metzler-Brothers.. would it speed up things if someone lends you a new
card? If I don't find someone to change I could bring mine to the Cebit
on Saturday :-)
And... have you tried to contact "Overdrive", the maker of the
WinDVBlive-Software? Since he also had to update his software (1305 also
won't tune, 1309 is told to work), maybe he could help...
I really would like to see some kind of cooperation here... and although
it's kind against the idea of free software I even would consider
registering the windows-software if the developer would help us out here
in some points.

> So - i donīt think that the Problem is the CI... or the Hardware...

In my case.. it is.

Greetings,  Marcus

---