[linux-dvb] Problem with driver init

Hi together,

I have a problem with the DVB driver. If the driver is loaded with 'make insmod'
there is no received channel signal at the video output, but the OSD (of VDR) is
working. After tracing the loadprocess of the driver I found out that the first
i2c_master_send statement in function attach_driver in module VES1893.c fails.

Here's my setup:
Hauppauge DVB-s (the new version, with CYNCH connectors and SPDIF out)
Suse 6.3 Linux, Kenrel 2.2.13
DVB Driver 0.8.2

Could it be that the Hardware has changed with the new version of the card ?

Peter

---