[linux-dvb] Why compress a VDR movie again ?

First i thought about to compress a Movie created with the VDR to VCD - but wich movie is only 74 Minutes Long ?

Then i found a good way to save only short Movies (sitcom, comedy,...)

I have bought a 5 Disk Changer with slot-IN from Nakamichi - my VDR Computer does also have a CD-R Writer - so i make 1 or 2 Parts of the "big MPEG file" and write it on 1 or 2 CDīs - then i have a good quality and for playback a only have to put it into the Cd-Changer and everything works fine !

But for movies... - there i need 3 or 4 CDīs - and thatīs not very good :-(

So i wait for the new CD-X Format - comming this Year - capacity: 2,2 GB - this should be enough for the most Movies.

And i donīt have to compress it again...

---