[linux-dvb] Re: n-tv result

> I think if you mean NTV (by n-tv) and some other (Hotbird) sations, if you
> look at the signal strength, these transmissions from different transponders
> at  the same satellite are perhaps beamed into different wide angles and
> different directions (possibly the transponders have not teh same strength
> either).
> So if you are on the edge of the addressed area, you will drop below
> minimum required signal strength very quickly.
> I have this sometimes with have rain and storm, and I use a 80 cm dish!
> Bu the dish moves a bit in the wind..
> Regards
> Jan

I mean the german news channel on astra.
Since I`m in Munich I think I shouldn`t be at the edge of the satellite foot-print?

With ORF I mean something that I did get some time ago (few months?). I didn`t change the config
since. I think it was not ORF1 but ORF2.
Did they start encrypting that some weeks ago?

Michael

---