[linux-dvb] Re: n-tv result

hi,

what you meant (orf) is not the "real" orf, it is some kind of
cut together material channel.
this channel dissappeared for me some weeks ago (on a standalone
receiver).

orf 1 and 2 have always been encrypted on satellite (at least for a long
time).

markus

Margit Fiegert wrote:

> > I think if you mean NTV (by n-tv) and some other (Hotbird) sations, if you
> > look at the signal strength, these transmissions from different transponders
> > at  the same satellite are perhaps beamed into different wide angles and
> > different directions (possibly the transponders have not teh same strength
> > either).
> > So if you are on the edge of the addressed area, you will drop below
> > minimum required signal strength very quickly.
> > I have this sometimes with have rain and storm, and I use a 80 cm dish!
> > Bu the dish moves a bit in the wind..
> > Regards
> > Jan
>
> I mean the german news channel on astra.
> Since I`m in Munich I think I shouldn`t be at the edge of the satellite foot-print?
>
> With ORF I mean something that I did get some time ago (few months?). I didn`t change the config
> since. I think it was not ORF1 but ORF2.
> Did they start encrypting that some weeks ago?
>
> Michael
>
> ---
> Info:

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  heimeranstrasse 68          fax 089.540.149.44
  80339 münchen               http://www.plain.de

---