[linux-dvb] /dev/video* not functioning

Peter-Huecker@t-online.de writes:
 > Hello list,
 >
 > at first I'ld like to thank Ralph to get the new Tuner Support working
 > ! The CVS driver works now with my new DVB-S card. (so far I can watch
 > n-tv).

Great, so we now know that it works on a DVB-S too. We only had the
Nova to test it.

 > Now I've one remaining problem. During the upgrade I've switched to
 > kernel version 2.4.2. I've built my own kernel with videodev and i2c*
 > modules.
 >
 > make insmod loads the drivers, n-tv appears on the video output but the
 > 'cp /dev/video1 filename' test doesn't work. It says something like
 > 'invalid parameter'. Have I missed some options to add to the kernel ?

It is not supposed to work. The new API uses the /dev/ost/dvr device
for recording. Have a look at test_dvr.c on how to record a program.
For playback you can use ntuxplayer. I am going to write something for
recording soon.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de