[linux-dvb] Re: what is the recommended system for using vdr "perfectly"

--- Klaus Wolf <dvb@wolfsoft.de> schrieb: > To the
programmer of vdr and dvb.

> Hardware:
> ---------
> ASUS A7V133 Motherboard with onboard udma controller
> Atlon 800MhZ
> 3x128Mbyte Ram
> 1x40GB Maxtor
> 1xDVBīs Haupauge
> 1xIrdeto CI Module
> 1x 100MBIT 3Com 3c9x Network Card
>
> Software:
> -----------
> Suse 7.1 Standard Installation
> DMA on /sbin/hdparm -d1 -c1 -k1 /dev/hdc ...
> Kernel 2.2.18
> Current cvs DVB 0.8.x (yesterday)

> Problems in Software:
> ---------------------
> -after a view switching of Premiere Channels the
> decyption fails
>  and only the last decypted channel will be
> displayes all other
>  cryptes channels are black from this time on.
> -the movies donīt run smoothly. Sometimes the
> pictures "hang"
>  (eg. all 1-2 minutes) for a extrem short time and
> then continues 100%
>  (when I move backwards and replay the same scene,
> all is ok!)
> -sometimes the color of the onscreendisplay changes
> "transparent" to other
> colors

Just for your information. I have (nearly) the same
system running and have the same problems. But I think
the CI is hanging especially after video playback
(with heavy rewinding ..) too. But the epg scanning
will kill the CAM also. After rmmod and insmod of the
drivers all is ok again.
I am using the 2.4.0 kernel of the suse 7.1 distri.

The color of the OSD is changing during/after video
playing and you was on an encrypted channel. Is the
recorded data stream moved through the CI module too?
Sometimes there are video or audio distortions if the
play bar is displayed. It seems that concurrent
writing to the card of the video and the data to the
OSD at the same time will produce the errors. If this
occurs the color of the OSD is changing too. Is the
PCI-interface so weak that it have problems with that?

M.