[linux-dvb] Re: what is the recommended system for using vdr "perfectly" Part 2

Hi Peter,

yes of course I have DMA on.
I also have trouble when not using any CI, the ci simply adds more trouble
:-)

Is this an AMD or other hardware  issue ? Or what could it be ?

Tobias

That is similar to my setup, which I described in detail two weeks ago
on this mailinglist (refer to the archive).  Difference is, that I've no
pay-tv decoder (I don't want this).  Did you make sure, your harddisk is
driven by DMA instead of PIO?

Check this:

root@pefusvdr:/home/pf > hdparm /dev/hda

/dev/hda:
multcount    = 16 (on)
I/O support  =  0 (default 16-bit)
unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
keepsettings =  0 (off)
nowerr       =  0 (off)
readonly     =  0 (off)
readahead    =  8 (on)
geometry     = 4982/255/63, sectors = 80043264, start = 0

Regards, Peter

---