[linux-dvb] Re: recording radiomp3

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, [iso-8859-1] Jörg-Oliver Todamm wrote:
> Nice, everybody seems to be on the heise newpage also :-)
>
> Maybe you have a look at http://savemp3.shinewelt.de/. In the Linux
> section there is some source to do that with bttv-cards. Maybe this
> could be adapted. Also the PID for the teletext stream has to be known
> (afaik).
i've experimeted with r@dio mp3 some time ago as it started...
they started broadcasting totally uncrypted
but soon we noticed a 'change'
much errors... gliches, corruopt mp3s

i think it was kaot who hacked the ucky crypto a year or so ago
we used a dbox1 with dvb2000 an a scsi-connection to a win9x-pc
to get the data from the teletext-pid

on the url above you'll find a link to the original page of kaot
i haven't looked at the code yet but i think he does the 'decryption'
there.... on his page i found the note that they added fec
now... eventually we have to hack the protocol again
to check if the files are correct there is a checksum which can be used
to solve this problem in combination of recording the same track some
times and check if the files match
this can easy be done since they broadcast the same tracks again and again
in a loop which lasts only 1 or 2 hours.

i don't really have the time to do this so i'll prefer to hear from
somebody on this list that it works perfectly, but i'll check the sources
and take a look at some old sources i must have... somewhere... on a old
harddisk i think

regards

roh

ps: please correct me if i'm wrong... i haven't took a look at r@adio mp3
since we've had it working a year ago and it wasn't my style of music so
eventually my information is outdated

--
Joachim 'roh' Steiger                      mailto:roh@convergence.de
Convergence Integrated Media GmbH          http://www.convergence.de