[linux-dvb] Re: recording radiomp3

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

On Wednesday 28 March 2001 04:09, Joachim 'roh' Steiger wrote:
> i think it was kaot who hacked the ucky crypto a year or so ago
> we used a dbox1 with dvb2000 an a scsi-connection to a win9x-pc
> to get the data from the teletext-pid

I haven't looked at the code in detail, but there is definitely some very
simple decryption going on.  All I did was replace the code that read the
teletext code from /dev/vbi0 with some code that sets a filter on the
Teletext pid and passes the data to the rest of the program.

The more I look at it, the more I think that there is nothing more I can do
to make the program work better.  I'm just going to tidy up the code, and add
the ability to tune into NBC directly.  I'll then send a patch to Kaot for
(hopefully) inclusion in his release.

Has anyone got the ability to try the original nbc-vbi with a BTTV card?
Does it produce a similar number of errors to the DVB version?

> on the url above you'll find a link to the original page of kaot
> i haven't looked at the code yet but i think he does the 'decryption'
> there.... on his page i found the note that they added fec
> now... eventually we have to hack the protocol again
> to check if the files are correct there is a checksum which can be used
> to solve this problem in combination of recording the same track some
> times and check if the files match
>
> this can easy be done since they broadcast the same tracks again and again
> in a loop which lasts only 1 or 2 hours.
>
> i don't really have the time to do this so i'll prefer to hear from
> somebody on this list that it works perfectly, but i'll check the sources
> and take a look at some old sources i must have... somewhere... on a old
> harddisk i think
>
> regards
>
> roh
>
> ps: please correct me if i'm wrong... i haven't took a look at r@adio mp3
> since we've had it working a year ago and it wasn't my style of music so
> eventually my information is outdated

It makes sense to me, but it also isn't really my kind of music, so I don't
think I'll be spending much time on this project.

Dave.

---