[linux-dvb] Re: AW: storage of video on CD

Hi Jörg-Oliver,
thanks for the further explanation.
I checked it, and played around with the mpegtools, but I could not
manage to rempeg it until now.
here is what I get:
I check the vdr-file with streamtype, and it says that I have a PES_STREAM.
That seems to be ok. Then I demultiplex video and audio using
pes_demux 001.vdr 00s.aud 001.vid
and checked the resulting files again. It says that I now have got a MPEG1
and a MPEG 2 stream which also seems to be ok to me.

You mentioned then, that I should remultiplex them now. But I couldn't find a
proper tool within mpegtools.
So I tried to read the 001.vid- file with ReMPEG , but that failed straight
away and told that it can not handle image size 0.
So I must have done something wrong.

Can you tell me what's wrong here? Unfortunately I'm not familiar with all
these stream-formats and MPEG-levels. Do you know a good starting point for
reading documentation about it?

What regards MPEG2MPEG I have to install a compiler first. Does it compile
with MS Visual C++ ?

regards,
ron

---