[linux-dvb] Re: siemens_dvb-0.9 installation problem

Henning Holtschneider writes:
 > > I tried to install siemens_dvb-0.9-20010407 on my Linux 2.4.3, Hauppauge
 > > DVBs. Untared in /usr/src, went to DVB/driver, make, make insmod without
 > > problem. But I hear & see ntv instead of Pro7, maybe thatīs because I
 >
 > You are supposed to see N-TV when you do a "make insmod". If the
 > documentation says it should be Pro 7, I think the documentation is wrong.

You can choose the channel with the insmod parameter init_chan.
0=nothing, 1=PRO7, 2=N-TV

I sometimes change the used value in the Makefile, depending on what
I am testing. Default is 0 which is the correct behavior. After all,
if no filter is set there should be no picture. But I keep it <>0 so
that peple see something when testing the driver for the first time.

Btw., the default for "pids_off" also should be 1, which means that
all display is stopped once the filters are closed. I also only kept
this option because some seem to like to have the picture of the last
used channel on, even if the application using it is off.

 > > Went to DVB/apps, an
d make told me, it couldnīt find videodev.h &
 > > dvb_v4l.h.
 >
 > I think the Makefile in the apps subdirectory does not work currently. Go to
 > apps/tuxzap and run autogen.sh, then make in that subdirectory. The Makefile
 > in the apps/mpegtools subdirectory works, too. gVideo hasn't been ported to
 > the new API yet.

In the last CVS version it has been "ported". We removed it :-)
Use tuxzap instead.

 > > I found videodev.h in /usr/src/linux/include/linux (hope itīs the right
 > > one), but I canīt find the other. What am I doing wrong?
 >
 > These are the right ones, even though the documentation talks about
 > different versions. Perhaps somone should update the docs?

That's being worked on (after the holidays).

Ralph