[linux-dvb] Re: AW: VDR 0.80pre8, current CVS OSD problems

Hello,

> Anyway, if this is true, I wonder if it would not be
> a good idea to closely align driver and VDR development
> in a way that allows VDR to function flawlessly like it
> did before driver 0.7.

Is that true??
Should I downgrade to pre 0.7??
The only thing I want is good quality recordings which can be converted to
real mpeg2 streams.

I still use the old api with the stable vdr...
The OSD is essential for my vdr settop-box and I do not want any on-the
running creation of I-frames for OSD... My box wont do that because it has a
low Mhz CPU
I personally do not understand why you created a complex /dev/ost
infrastructure instead of the easy /dev/video and /dev/audio which is more or
less linux-standard...

Christian